In 1970s Veneto has seen impressive development, thanks to the so-called ‘Veneto Development Model’ that is characterised by strong export-oriented entrepreneurship in traditional economic sectors and close social cohesion – making it actually the third richest region in terms of total GDP after Lombardy and Lazio.
Veneto in figure:
Population 4.9 M
Area 18.390 km2
What about quality of air?
Some features influencing Air Quality in Veneto:
- Veneto is one of the twenty regions of Italy. Its population is about five million, ranking fifth in Italy. The region’s capital and largest city is Venice.
- Veneto has a considerable network of motorways and of roads linking the region to the rest of Europe and Italy.
- Veneto has an area of 18.390 km2 and more than 50% of its surface is flat with a spread urbanization.
- Main sources of air pollution are: non-industrial combustion (civil heating plants), road transport, but also emissions from agriculture.
Air quality policy in Veneto:
Veneto has arranged “Regional Plan for Air Quality Protection”. It’s a plan containing actions to protect and improve air quality and has been adopted by Veneto Region with DGRV number 74/CR-2015. It includes:
- Characterization of potential sources (from emission inventory);
- Localization of regional air quality monitoring network;
- Description of specific actions for each emission sector;
- Definition of progressive deadlines and objects of reduction to 2020.
For all the information look up the Veneto official website : http://www.regione.veneto.it/
Discover more about the AIR group